Offense: Lions offense started off really slow and was bad in the first half. They were shut out for an entire half. The running game was terrible as was our offensive turnstile. Stafford had a nice game and CJ is the man, of course. CJ gets an A+. Some stupid penalties by Backus late in the game almost cost us the game. The Lions need to realize they are a pass first team. I'll give them a B-.
Defense: The Lions defense was awful in the first half. They gave up 20 points and couldn't stop AP. The defense played much better in the second half, holding the Vikings to 3 points. The Lions defense made some huge stops in the second half to help the Lions offense win the game. I'll give them also a B-.
Special Teams: Hanson gets an A+. He made 4 FGs including a perfect 50 yder and one in OT to seal the win. Logan had a couple nice returns, but other than that special teams was bad. Our coverage team was awful for the most part. Because of Hanson's big game they get a B-.
Coaching: Way too conservative in the first half of the game and in the end of the game. They could've put this away in the 4th quarter with better play calling. Also, a lack of discipline by the players. There were some stupid penalties. I'll give them a C+.
Overall: The Lions were awful in the first half and did a great job of coming back. I like the heart these guys showed by not collapsing. The Lions can play much better than this. I'll give them a B-.
Expert Grades:
Grading the Lions after Sunday's win: http://www.freep.com/article/20110926/SPORTS01/109260432/Grading-Lions-after-Sunday-s-win
MLive's Lions grades: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/09/grading_the_detroit_lions_woes.html
BVO's week 3 grades: http://www.hollandsentinel.com/sports/x26167180/Grading-the-Detroit-Lions-The-Huge-Shows-Brian-VanOchten
CBS Week 3 Grades (Lions get a B-): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades/week3
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment