Offense: Not sure why the offense starts off slow, but it was sure nice to see them come back strong in the end of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. CJ is the man. 2 TDs again. Titus Young had some big catches and so did Pettigrew. Best had a nice run to start the game and a couple nice runs in the end to help kill the clock, but other than that he didn't really have a good game. The o-line was bad per usual. Way too many stupid penalties. Stafford was off on his throws. I'll give the Lions offense a B-.
Defense: The defense was awful in the first half. The Cowboys offense completed dominated the game in every aspect. However, the defense did spark the turn around with 2 interceptions returned for TDs and a 3rd one in the end of the game to give the Lions offense the ball in Dallas territory. Houston was pretty bad other than his interception. I'll give the defense a B.
Special Teams: Hanson gets an A+. He was perfect again. Logan didn't get many return yds to help out the offense. Our coverage team was ok. Dallas did get a couple good returns, but there were some that our special teams stopped them right away. Because of Hanson, I'll give special teams a B.
Coaching: Didn't care for the play calling too much. They use Best way too much still. I did like that we ate up the clock in the end. That was huge. Also, too many bad penalties. I'll give our coaching a B-.
Overall: The Lions came back from a huge deficit and kept shooting themselves in the foot with bad penalties. I like the heart the Lions showed and that they didn't give up. Still some problems like our running game, o-line, bad penalties, 3rd downs both offense and defense, and our secondary. I'd also like to see the Lions defense get more pressure on the opposing QBs. Romo had way too much time to complete his passes. I'll give them a B.
Expert Grades:
Prisco's week 4 grades (Lions get an A): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades/week4
Zaroo grades the Lions: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/10/grading_the_detroit_lions_firs.html
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment