Hello Everyone,
Recently I've noticed a drastic drop in the number of people viewing my blog. I'm kind of curious and concerned about why this is happening. I expect a drop in the offseason, but also I would think it would pick up around draft time. That doesn't seem to be the case. I now only have around 20% of the people viewing my blog that I did in the past. I'm a bit concerned that this number will drop even more in the summer. I'm curious as to what those of you that read my blog seem to think the problem is. What can I change or do to fix my blog? I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me in the comment section below.
Thanks,
Captainblue
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have no idea why that is. Mlive and you have been my daily dose of Lions news for many years. Has there been the advent of a new site maybe?
ReplyDeleteI don't know. It's possible there is a new site, but I'm not aware of it.
ReplyDeleteShould I make any changes to the way I post the links?
The Mlive Beat writers seem to be getting a lot of action. Unfortunately this may be at the expense of your blog. Once the draft occurs things should return to normal
ReplyDeleteI'm not being critical - just answering your question honestly…
ReplyDelete1) everything runs together. can you separate each story by using a different size font for the heading or changing the background color?
2) It's obvious that you don't want to add your own take on most articles, and that's ok. But adding more of a detailed description would make each link appear more appealing and create more clicks.
3) Honestly - I've read the Freep, News & MLive stories BEFORE I visit your site. You don't need to start each list with the regular stories that have already been read before we got here. Try to start with links to stories not originating at the big three so it is obvious to us low IQ readers that there is a good reason to visit your site each day.
Would it be too hard to add a picture for each story - that would help separate each link and break up the wall of text.
Hope that helps - it was meant too...
Thank you for the tips. That's what I was looking. Some of that stuff I don't know how to do, but I can try to figure it out. Also, the reason I don't post a description is because I usually post them early in the morning before work and I just don't have the time. I was thinking it looked like a wall of text too, but didn't hear any complaints. I'm going to experiment with some things over the next couple of days to see if I can fix it. I can move the links from the local media down to the bottom of the post. I don't want to completely remove them in case someone hasn't read them yet. I do like keeping the draft stuff together just because I'm still putting together the link section with scouting reports and articles on potential Lions draft picks. The other thing is I usually use my phone to post these links.
ReplyDeleteAlso, do you guys read these from a phone or computer? There is a mobile layout that I could add. I usually always read the full website on most websites, but if you want I can turn the mobile view on and see if that helps with anything.
It would also help to remove a 2012 poll from the top of the right hand column. It makes it look like the site hasn't been updated since 2012…
ReplyDeleteI removed the poll. Lol, I have no idea why I left it up for so long.
ReplyDelete