O'HARA: Goff making a good first impression in Detroit: https://www.detroitlions.com/news/o-hara-goff-making-a-good-first-impression-in-detroit
Lions’ special teams coordinator lists 5 names in the early mix for return specialist: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/05/lions-special-teams-coordinator-lists-5-names-in-the-early-mix-for-return-specialist.html
Lions Pro Bowl TE T.J. Hockenson studying Calvin Johnson film heading into big Year 3: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/05/lions-pro-bowl-te-tj-hockenson-studying-calvin-johnson-film-heading-into-big-year-3.html
Lions defensive coordinator excited to work with Collins; Goff drawing early rave reviews: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/05/28/lions-defensive-coordinator-excited-work-collins-goff-drawing-early-rave-reviews/7482673002/
Behind Lions' big O-line, Swift poised to 'take it to the next level': https://www.audacy.com/971theticket/sports/detroit-lions/behind-big-o-line-dandre-swift-poised-for-breakout-year
Q&A: Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown Joins FanNation's NFL Draft Bible: https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/nfl/lions/news/st-brown-interview-nfl-draft-bib
Tavai: 'We're Tired of Being at the Bottom of Our Division': https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/tavai-tired-of-being-bottom-of-division
Scouting WR Amon-Ra St. Brown: https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-scouting-amon-ra-st-brown
4 Takeaways from Detroit Lions' OTAs: https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/takeaways-detroit-lions-first-week-ota-open-practice
The Carolina Panthers appeared ready to take Penei Sewell if the Lions passed: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/5/28/22458175/carolina-panthers-appeared-ready-select-penei-sewell-detroit-lions-nfl-draft
Ask POD: Detroit Lions OTA Week 1 roundup: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/5/28/22458985/ask-pod-mailbag-detroit-lions-ota-week-1-roundup
Why Penei Sewell's move to right tackle could take a while to work: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/05/28/why-penei-sewells-move-to-right-tackle-could-take-a-while-to-work/
Detroit Lion Rookie Penei Sewell Details Transition to Right Tackle with Detroit Lions: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/pro-ducks/penei-sewell-breaks-down-moving-to-right-tackle-with-detroit-lions
Brooks' Top 5 now-or-never players for '21. Plus, see which tight end can be the next star at the position. (T.J. HOCKENSON: Next great tight end? It is hard to tout a Pro Bowl tight end as the NFL's next breakout player, but real and fantasy football observers should keep a close eye on the Detroit Lions' all-star tight end as a potential next-level performer in 2021. T.J. Hockenson is coming off a solid season in which he snagged 67 passes for 723 yards and six scores. The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder finished with six receptions of at least 20 yards while displaying an impressive combination of size, strength and athleticism as the team's designated playmaker over the middle of the field. Most impressively, he tallied 339 YAC (yards after catch), fourth-most among tight ends. As the No. 8 overall pick from the 2019 NFL Draft, Hockenson is expected to put up those kinds of numbers, but he has the potential to do so much more as the No. 1 option in the offense. "I think it's been a fairly consistent message all offseason from Coach (Dan) Campbell to A-Lynn (offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn) that there's plenty meat still on that bone for him," Lions tight ends coach Ben Johnson said last week. "And I think he's embraced that. He agrees with that, and we're really looking forward to getting more out of him now." Given Campbell's history as an NFL tight end and Lynn's experience working with a star tight end in Los Angeles (Hunter Henry), the Lions could unlock Hockenson's potential as a dominant force in the passing game this season. Part of the plan could include more seam routes, crossers and deep-overs for Hockenson, as the playbook features more bootlegs and play-action passes to complement a zone-based rushing attack. In addition, the Lions could sprinkle in more quick-rhythm passes designed to get the ball into the hands of playmakers in space. With Hockenson capable of running through arm tackles from smallish defensive backs in the open field, the emphasis on catch-and-run plays could enable him to rack up big numbers on low-risk throws. The 2020 Pro Bowler certainly knows he is capable of adding another dimension to the offense if he can take his game up a notch with new quarterback Jared Goff in tow. "I'm preparing myself to be the best player that I can be, and I know my ceiling is high," Hockenson said. "I know I can do what other people in this league do, and just being able to prepare myself for that. And maybe it doesn't happen and maybe it does, but I'm just preparing to be the best that I can be, the best that Detroit wants me to be -- and trust me, there's not more of a critic about myself than myself. "That's what I'm excited about this year is just being able to work with these new guys, work with these new draft picks, work with Goff and be able to become that and know that I can do that. That's something I'm excited about and something I think we're working toward." If the Lions' big-bodied pass catcher builds upon his solid 2020 campaign, Detroit's new offense could surprise opponents while elevating Hockenson's status as a top tight end.): https://www.nfl.com/news/san-francisco-49ers-have-created-win-win-situation-at-quarterback-five-make-or-b
Top 25 guards and centers in the 2021 NFL season (9. Frank Ragnow, OC, Detroit Lions
The Lions wisely just extended Frank Ragnow’s contract, and after drafting Penei Sewell, Detroit’s offensive line is clearly the strength of their team right now and the foundation of this franchise’s rebuild. McCoy is the only center on this list that is younger than Ragnow.): https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-25-guards-centers-2021-nfl-season/2/
2022 NFL Draft:
Summer Scouting: Texas Tech QB Tyler Shough: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-texas-tech-qb-tyler-shough/
Video:
WATCH - Woody Woodriffe reports from Lions OTA's: https://www.fox2detroit.com/video/938104
Watch: Breakdown of Lions OTAs live from Allen Park: https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/28/watch-breakdown-of-lions-otas-live-from-allen-park/
No comments:
Post a Comment