Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Morning Lions Links for Tuesday 10-11-22

Articles:

KEY QUESTIONS: What can Lions do to regroup over bye week?:  https://www.detroitlions.com/news/key-questions-what-can-lions-do-to-regroup-over-bye-week

TIM AND MIKE: Week 5 observations:  https://www.detroitlions.com/news/tim-and-mike-week-5-observations-hockenson-elliott-hutchinson

3 things we learned: Lions’ mismanagement with kicker position now haunting them:  https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/10/3-things-we-learned-lions-mismanagement-with-kicker-position-now-haunting-them.html

Dan Campbell doesn’t regret aggressiveness after Lions set record for failed fourth downs:  https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/10/dan-campbell-doesnt-regret-aggressiveness-after-lions-set-record-for-failed-fourth-downs.html

With help on the way, Lions cutting WR Maurice Alexander:  https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/10/with-help-on-the-way-lions-cutting-wr-maurice-alexander.html





Lions look for answers as they head into their bye week:  https://lionslowdown.com/2022/10/10/lions-look-for-answers-as-they-head-into-their-bye-week/

Ramblings: Where do the Lions go from here?:  https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2022/10/10/ramblings-where-do-the-lions-go-from-here/

Week 5 winners, losers, targets, more (Patriots 29-Lions 0 - Injuries: Damien Harris (hamstring) -- Rhamondre Stevenson took advantage Harris' injury and a great matchup to dominate this week, finishing with 161 yards on 25 carries plus 14 yards on a couple of catches. He's got a tougher matchup for Week 6 against the Browns, but if Harris is out, Stevenson will probably be a top-12 RB for me.   Winner: Jakobi Meyers. Meyers has been pigeon-holed as a high-floor, low-ceiling player for Fantasy, but someone forgot to tell him that, as he has 19.5 or more PPR points in two of three games this season, one with fourth-round rookie Bailey Zappe in at QB. I'm not sure I buy this apparent star turn over the past two games, but it's nice to see him showing this kind of upside even with DeVante Parker added to the passing game.   Loser: Jared Goff. It's hard to know how to react to a performance like this from a player like Goff. On the one hand, 19-for-35 for 229 yards and no touchdowns is pretty standard for Goff's career, especially against a defense like New England's. So, how much should we hold it against him, relative to the heightened expectations the first four weeks created? I'm tempted to basically reset my expectations for Goff to the preseason, but it'll be harder to do that if he has a healthy Amon-Ra St. Brown and D'Andre Swift back in Week 7. That being said, I'm probably not stashing him through the Week 6 bye in one-QB leagues.   One more thing: Coming into the game, I treated Amon-Ra St. Brown as one of the "If he's active, he's in my lineup" guys. Unfortunately, he ended up playing just 20 of 64 passes and clearly wasn't 100% healthy coming back from his ankle injury. That has not diminished my enthusiasm for him one bit, however -- he's a top-12 WR as soon as the Lions bye is finished.):  https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-5-winners-losers-snap-shares-targets-trade-advice-and-more-from-each-game/

$.10 After NFL Week 5 ($.05--One of the other hats I wear is the managing editor of USA TODAY’s Lions Wire. Sunday’s game wound up being a very difficult game to cover, but not for any of the obvious Detroit football reasons.  On the opening Patriots drive, Lions CB Saivion Smith tumbled to the Foxboro turf in a heap after trying to jam Patriots TE Hunter Henry. It wasn’t initially clear what happened to Smith, who was making his first start of the season as a practice squad call-up. After FOX returned from an agonizingly long commercial break, we saw Smith being loaded into an ambulance on the field. Security spirited his family members onto the field to ride in the ambulance with Smith. It was heart-wrenching and incredibly rare to see that level of concern on a football field.  I know Saivion Smith a little. I got to spend about 15 minutes with him at a press conference and then a couple of private questions afterward this summer. He’s an ebullient guy, someone always smiling and dancing, trying to keep guys loose. He can ratchet up the intensity when needed though. I am not shy about rooting for Saivion Smith, he’s an easy guy to champion as a fringe roster player.  Alas, my job is to cover the football game. A completely miserable effort by the Lions didn’t make that any easier, but that’s nothing unusual for Detroit. The pall hanging over the game with Smith made that very difficult. I cannot, nor will not ignore the humanity of the players involved. Just as it was sickening to see how Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa got his brain injuries, burying the very real potential that someone suffered a potentially life-altering injury to focus on an otherwise dog of a game makes this job really damn hard.  Prayers up for Saivion Smith.  $.08--NFL quickies - A lot of times there are complaints about broadcast teams. I’m as guilty of whining there as anyone, but I will proudly recognize good work when I hear it. Kudos to the FOX broadcast team of Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma and sideline reporter Shannon Spake. Their production truck let them down a few times, but their call of the Lions-Patriots game was insightful, objectively informative and cleanly communicated. It’s the second time I’ve been impressed with this crew this season.):  https://football.realgm.com/analysis/3488/$10-After-NFL-Week-5

Monday Morning GM: Evaluating 2023 NFL Draft Quarterbacks From Week 6:  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mmgm-week-6-2023-nfl-draft/

2023 Big Board Risers And Sliders: Israel Abanikanda Raises Eyebrows In Monster Performance:  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-big-board-risers-sliders-week-6/

Video:




Campbell on all resources going toward Week 7 win:   

No comments:

Post a Comment

.main-inner .sidebar .Poll { background-color: #AD966C; padding: 15px; }